Friday, August 31, 2007

Drove the Chevy to the levy...

So, Jessie implored me to write something, because she was sick of seeing how Rob Zombie was about to rape my childhood. Which, incidentally, based on all the reviews I've seen, he did. Anyway, here's what I got.


I'm sorry I've been remiss in my writing lately. I'd like to tell you that it's because it's the beginning of the school year and work is hectic. Which it is, but that's not the reason.

I'm simply tapped.

I sat here for a good half hour, surfing the net, trying to find something to steal...er, I mean, inspiration, and I got nothing. All I have to write about is the fact that right now I have nothing I want to write about. When you doubt your strengths you give strength to your doubts. Thanks Mystery Men.

I think that's half the reason I started doing all those interviews. Without them, I'd have a whole lotta nothing. I need to find some inspirado, and quick.

post signature

10 comments:

  1. Inspiration comes in waves. I've found the worst thing I can do is try to force myself when it comes to creativity. Hope yours finds its way home soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After thought: Have you checked out David's "questions of the week" yet? Maybe that will give you something to talk about. Jumpstart something for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The random word generator is one way out, pick three words and see what they suggest.

    http://www.zokutou.co.uk/randomword/

    In my case the outcome is usually silly, but at least I thunked of something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I find myself staring at a blinking cursor sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw honey, I've nothing much to offer, but feel free to plagurise anytime ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dawn -
    I just saw those, and see that he comes out with them on Sundays. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled (what a sick expression) for that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. chert-

    Pretty good idea...something to keep in mind, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. dan -

    Sucks, don't it? I'm starting to wonder if I'm one of those people with creative talent, but no ideas. Like singers who need song writers. I'm a writer who needs a person to give me ideas. Or something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol -

    I'd rather cut off a thumb than willingly plagiarize. But I know what you meant, and maybe I will.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bart-Man,

    Way-hey! Great to see you loining your girds!

    My questions of the week can be answered any time until the next weekend - so that might help.

    Also, I take part on Denise Nesbitt's ``Letter of the week'' posts on Wednesdays - that might help too.

    Great to se words on your blog, maestro.

    Want another incentive? In seven months, you have never dropped out of the top 15 on my weekly blog awards ....

    So there

    David

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment. So that I may respond and possibly mock and ridicule you. Just kidding. Maybe. We'll see what you say first, how about that.

Charter Member of the International Sarcasm Society
"Like We Need Your Support."