Monday, January 18, 2010

Now, Why Did I Do That?

Have you ever done something in the past that you vividly remember doing...

...but you can't for the life of you remember why? Or at least the pertinent details.


Kind of a weird phenomenon, but it happens to me entirely too often. For instance:

Around 99-00, my band was playing a show at a club in Baltimore. During the show, and I mean during the show, we were on stage playing, I threw a full cup of water on to the lead singer/guitarist. Not as a joke. I was pissed off. One step from actually walking off the stage pissed off.

But I can NOT remember why I was so angry. Only one aspect do I remember: that he had said something about me in to the open microphone. I've talked to the bandmembers in the recent past about it, as well as friends who would have been at the show. All that I've pieced together is that we had apparently been bickering about something but it hadn't been "broadcast" as it were. But I must have said something right before he stepped to the microphone that got to him, and bam, he's bad mouthing me to the entire crowd. Seconds later, he got a bachelor's shower. Not long after, we're downstairs at this club where the bands hung out before or after sets arguing, with the bassist and drummer between us. That picture there is taken in that very room, in fact.

Man, I wish I could remember those details. And a thousand other details. Not sure I ever will, though.



post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. So that I may respond and possibly mock and ridicule you. Just kidding. Maybe. We'll see what you say first, how about that.

Charter Member of the International Sarcasm Society
"Like We Need Your Support."